A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beauty

I stitched a bit on Paula Vaughan's Wedding Ring Bouquet. I'll post some pictures in a few days. The ones I have now are far too green tinged, for some reason.

Vonna, I am sorry about the sweatshirt statement I made in the last post. I wasn't very clear! I meant there was a time that they were enormously popular here in our very warm area. It was at the time everyone was painting on them, and adding appliques. We wear them still, of course, but not like we did in the 90s. I have a few but I rarely wear them as it's just never cold enough here to warrant one.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I really love the photo sharing site called Flickr. If you haven't looked at it ever, take a peek. My photos were moved there automatically when Yahoo Photos shut down a few years ago, and I've been posting our photos there ever since.

I love to choose favorite photos on Flickr. Tonight I made this collage at a site called Big Huge Labs. The collage is made up of just a few of my hundreds of favorite photos. These are pictures of places I'd like to go or see, places I've been, or just beautiful places. The young lady is also from one of my favorite Flickr photos, and I just love how she's making a wish. If you wish to see more about the photo, click on the collage and you'll get the link to the page it came from as it's shown right below the photo. (Wow, that was way too wordy.
I 'm sorry.) Thanks to all who took these photos!

Collage of Beautiful Images- From My Favorites on Flickr



One more collage to share:
This is a small pile of photos I've taken of stitching I've done over the years, and also some of the threads I use.

Needlework Collage

Thanks for coming by today.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At August 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

    Oh...honey, I was being funny....or trying to be...LOL! I just meant, I'm so out of style...you know the "soccer mom", nothing at you I was just trying to be funny :o) No worries...It IS very pretty though...
    I had all sorts of sweatshirts that I painted on and added embellishments too in the 90's - I don't wear them anymore either...mainly because they are too small! LOL!
    :)

     
  • At August 5, 2009 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Tammy T. said...

    You have a wonderful eye for color! Your collage is beautiful. I've played around with it a few times too. I chose to make the one with the most pictures and that was a mistake. lol It took a little too long but it was so worth it when finished.

     
  • At August 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger grace said...

    I'm behind on my blog reading too, due to working on a portfolio I need to get accepted to take a class. But I've been sneaking in one or two a week. ;)
    Flickr is wonderful, I've met some pretty wonderful people there! And your collages are stunnning, the colors are breathtaking and oh would I love to be transplanted into one of those scenes right now! :D

     
  • At August 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Lovely grouping of photos. I haven't learned to do that type of display yet, or the scrapbook style some do, one of these days. Beautiful sweatshirt in your earlier post. It is cold enough here most of the year that we get a lot of use out of sweatshirts (more than I'd like at times).
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home