A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A New WIP to Keep Me Busy

I truly have been in a bit of a stitching slump since finishing my sampler in early May. I decided to work first on Summer Queen, but I only put in a handful of hours on that project. I haven't even bothered with a progress photo as so little has changed since the last photo was taken. Life has just been too busy to stitch, but maybe I need a big switch to something less demanding.

So with that in mind, I'm switching it up completely and working on Oberlin's Minnesota Sampler. Here is how it looks now:

Oberlin Samplers- Minnesota


I will take a progress picture after I've worked on it for awhile. I'm still winding down from work, and I'm glad it's summer!

Thanks for reading my blog, everyone. It's great to see people checking this little place out,and it's so interesting to see how you arrive here from all over the globe. Thanks for loving and appreciating needlework the way I do. It's great to find kindred spirits, isn't it?

I'm so behind on my blog reading, and I've missed reading all of them. I will have to get caught up a bit, a little at a time.

I'll say goodbye for now with an oldie but goodie. This is a pocket I stitched on a pair of shorts. I did this when I was a teenager, so let's just say it's very, very old. I don't think I could handle all that work on denim at this point!

Take care and thanks for visiting here today.

French Knot Tree on Denim

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Kit said...

    Oberlin's Minnesota Sampler is coming along beautifully. I bet you are a little worn out after your last sampler. Summer always has a way of taking up all of ones free time. I love your pocket tree.

     
  • At July 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Your Minnesota sampler is looking great, fun design. Loved the patch design too, but stitching on denim would be a bit difficult, not my first choice of material to stitch on anymore either.
    Sue

     
  • At July 11, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Tammy T. said...

    I just had to comment on your map. It's fantastic! I've always thought of stitching a map in the old world style but I haven't really put any effort in trying to find a pattern or create one. I must keep checking back on your progress. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home