A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finis...Finished...I'm Finally Done!

I started my House and Garden Sampler around October 7, 2007. I'm finally done! I just added a few more flowers and birds tonight. This week I will take it to be framed at my not-so-local needlework store.

What a fun project this has been. I will now go back to working on Summer Queen. I don't have much left to do on her, so that will be a finish in the near future.

Thanks for your encouragement in completing this project. It's been really exciting watching it come together. I am not quite happy with it, but then again I am a complete perfectionist when it comes to this sort of thing so that's not surprising.

Here are the last flowers I added tonight:
A few Flowers Added to the Sampler

Here's a photo of my 'plan', as it looked today:
My House and Garden Sampler "Plan"
Yes, that's about six 8 X 11 graph paper sheets haphazardly taped together, and not very well, either.

Finally, the finished sampler:

Completed House and Garden Sampler

I'm going to miss this project. I feel that way after completing all large projects, and large projects are what I mostly do.

Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks for all your comments and encouragement.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home