A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stitching Inspiration and Running Around with a Camera

I just had a blast playing around on Flickr while watching American Idol. I put together a mosaic of some of my favorite photos from Flickr. These were stitched by many different people, and the credit goes to them. To see their work up close, just click on the link below the mosaic.

Some Crosstitch Favorites from Flickr




1. Little House Needleworks "Sea to Shining Sea", 2. Flea Market Souvenir - FINISHED, 3. Home Of A Needleworker (Too!), 4. Moira Blackburn Birthday Sampler, 5. Village of Hawk Run Hollow (Carriage House Samplings), 6. Rites of Spring (Blackbird Designs), 7. where my heart blooms, 8. evening shades the garden, 9. friends are the flowers, 10. Right side, 11. Shores of Hawk Run Hollow (Carriage House Samplings), 12. Night & Day by LHN

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My husband has really gotten interested in photography, and he recently got a new camera. Last night he and I both ran around the yard taking photographs of what we saw. I love the time of day when daylight turns to evening, so it was truly a lot of fun.

Here's a peek into our back picture window. I love the way the lamps' light bounces off the glass:

Living and Dining


I was happy to take this photo of the magnolia tree that we planted several years ago. It's really grown!

Corner of Backyard
I stopped and noticed that a plant that had recently looked half dead was now blooming:

Pink Flower

Out front I was glad to see our garden window looking better. My husband has been refurbishing the trim along the bottom of it. It turned out to be quite a job. A two hour project turned into a two day one!

Garden Window

The plants on the porch are potted in some funky pots, that's for sure. I'm not big on everything matching, although I do admire how that looks. Some of the pots were painted and decorated by our daughter, so they are precious to me. We planted the marigolds before Easter:

Marigolds, Succulents, and Cyclamen ~ Porch

The front planters are blooming a bit. These planters used to be full of huge, overgrown junipers. We're so happy we redid them several years ago. Our next big outside job is to have the house repainted, as these photos will show:
Spring
Spring Planter

I took the next one as I love seeing lit windows at twilight
Twilight



A bit later we took one more photo. The clouds here rarely look this interesting, so we couldn't resist:
After Sunset


Thanks so much for coming by today!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • At April 15, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Blogger grace said...

    The mosaic you made from the photos from flickr is lovely. I love anything house related!

    It must be so much fun to take pictures with your new camera. I've been wanting to get a new camera ever since last Decemeber, but I'm strapped on cash. :D
    Your photos remind me of color theory class where we painted the color changes of an environment during different times of day. :) How fun!! I love your potted plants on the porch!

     
  • At April 16, 2009 at 6:55 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    Just when I was going to explore the sampler mosaic I was distracted by your garden tour photos. Thank you for the inspiration! It's my spring break THIS week and I've been working on the yard. It's a lllloooonnnngggg way from looking as nice as yours, but it's nice to see how nice it COULD look if I keep up the effort. And I just bought one of those cute pink to red daisy things. Looks like it will grow up much taller than I thought, so I'd better rethink where it's going.

     
  • At April 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

    beautiful work,and the pictures are stunning, i like it.

     
  • At April 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Sue said...

    Thanks for your kind words. The yard's beauty is to my husband's and son-in-law's credit.

     
  • At April 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Siobhán said...

    Lovely stitching mosaic! That's really neat.

    I enjoyed seeing a bit of your world. The photos are great!

     
  • At April 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM , Blogger grace said...

    Thank you for the lovely compliments. It's hard trying to break old habits. I guess I shouldn't worry over "the rules" and start finishing up those wip's :D
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

     
  • At April 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Deb said...

    I love your stitching mosiac. And your photography is great too! Your yard is beautiful with all the wonderful flowers.

     
  • At April 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Great pictures, I especially enjoyed all the flowers, so bright and cheerful. The grouping of stitched pieces was fun too, I've got a couple of those on my want to stitch list.
    Sue

     
  • At April 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Your photos are amazing...you have a lovely home thanks for sharing.
    The mosaic is great too

     
  • At April 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

    Your home looks so dreamy! I am in love with magnolias. They don't grow anywhere that I live, so I'm curious: when they are the size of yours, do they still have the huge blooms or do they behave a little differently?
    Katie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home