A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time to Relax...

Exactly one year ago today, it was the last day of school. So today it was again the last day of the school year. Wow, what a year it's been. I'm glad to wave goodbye to this school year. It started shrouded in sadness with the passing of my father right before it began. He was very sick all summer, in fact. Truly it was hard to start the year with such a sad event in my life happening, but that's how life is, isn't it? We can't control much, really, can we?

This group of little children has moved on, and it's always bittersweet. I'm happy to have seen my students learn so much, but it's a bit sad to say goodbye and pass them on to the next teacher.

So just below you'll find a repeat of last year's photo from the end of the year. Last year on the final day of school we went out with our kids, and we toasted the end of the year. Tonight the two of us are staying home. I'm drained, and wiped out. My classroom is moving so this year we had the added burden of packing up everything into boxes before leaving for the summer break. When we don't move classrooms, we can shove it into a cupboard or place it on a shelf. Then we cover up the shelves with paper. I think in the end there were close to fifty boxes packed in that tiny room. I am aching all over, really!

I hope for a relaxing summer, if it's meant to be. I do hope to get some stitching in from time to time, but I am taking three graduate courses so we'll see if that happens.
Time to Celebrate!


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you all find some relaxation this summer.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Congrats on finishing up another year, I hope you enjoy a bit of rest and stitching before you have to start the classes. Loved your earlier pictures of the Hydrangas, they were gorgeous.

     
  • At June 23, 2009 at 6:23 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    I've only had to pack my classroom twice. First time was for an involuntary transfer and I packed sobbing over every box. The second was a happier time - when I returned to unpack my classroom had been transformed from the ugly duckling into the swan, complete with air conditioning! With our economy in such a mess I suspect your move is not so happy a task so will just wish you a happy summer and hope the move works out OK for you.

     
  • At June 23, 2009 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Debi,
    All is well with me personally in my job, just moving to a larger classroom in part as I'll have more students. That's not good, but a larger room is much needed. Many where I work lost their jobs, it's so very, very sad.

    Thanks for the kind comments, Debi and StitcherW.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home