A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hydrangeas

Hydrangea

Hello!

I've noticed that more people are 'following' this blog. Thanks so much for adding your name on the list! Truly I haven't had much to say lately, so I appreciate your patience.

I still haven't taken my finished House and Garden Sampler to the framers. This year has been busier than any I can remember in a long time, but soon I will have a summer break. During the summer I'll be attending classes so that will cut into fun time. That being said though I truly know there will be more time to stitch, relax, and come here than during the school year when I'm teaching. It's been a tough but rewarding year.

Since early May I've stitched a tiny bit on Summer Queen, but not enough to warrant an update picture. I'm just trying to finish the bottom of the dress thus I'm doing little blobs of color over time.

Today I'll share some photos my husband took of our hydrangea bush. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Looking at them truly makes me happy. I love the full, colorful blooms. Here's a peek at our Endless Summer hydrangea. We planted it about four years ago, and it's really flourishing.

We used to add the chemical to make the blooms bluer, although it's been several years since we've done so. I like these colors just the same!

Hydrangea

Hydrangea

Hydrangea

Hydrangea in the Sunset Light

Hydrangea

Hydrangea

And one more angle of the shrub...

Hydrangea

I just looked back at my photos and found one taken of the shrub almost exactly two years ago! Here is how it looked then:

Hydrangea ~ planted 2005

I think it's progressed in two years, hasn't it? That's exciting to me. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At June 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM , Blogger Andie said...

    Wow its very pretty :D And looks to have grown a lot :D Your summe queen is lovely, looking forward to seeing your updates :D

     
  • At June 8, 2009 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Siobhán said...

    Ooooh, I LOVE hydrangeas! Very pretty. Your summer queen is coming along nicely, too!

     
  • At June 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Deanne J said...

    Your hydrangeas are beautiful. I just planted one, I hoood someday.pe it looks this g

     
  • At June 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Deb said...

    Those hydrangeas are beautiful. I have some of the Endless Summer ones too, but they're still a long way off from flowering. I think it's just been too cool yet for them to do a lot of growning. They are the most beautiful flowers. I always take some of the last flowering of the summer into the house and put into vases. They turn a purple-rose color and they dry up and last in vases until the next year when I start over again!

     
  • At June 9, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Kit said...

    Your hydrangeas are unbelievably beautiful! Mine isn't out just yet, and am now eager to see them bloom!

     
  • At June 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM , Blogger grace said...

    Oh my~ they are just beautiful and indeed flourishing! I love the subtle color differences too. I have some white and pink ones in the front yard that have just started to bloom. I can't wait until they grow into a bush. :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home