A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New WIP----A Royal Lady for Reacquaintance

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the wonderful comments regarding my recently finished House and Garden Sampler. I still haven't had the chance to take it to our not-so-local LNS for framing. Maybe someday soon? Each weekend thus far has been filled with fun activities with family and friends, so for that reason alone the framing will have to wait!

This upcoming weekend a lifelong friend is flying into our area for a visit, so again the sampler framing project will be on hold. She's a great friend, but she doesn't share my love of crafts and needlework, nor has she ever done either thing. We did both have home economics in eighth grade though, and I remember sewing up some cute smock tops in flame stitch patterns. (It WAS the 70's!)

It's funny, very few people I know in my daily life have seen my needlework unless they've been to my home. Even then I don't point it out on my walls, and actually few seem to take note of it.

It's one of those things that few people seem to 'get'. I'm grateful for all of you who take the time to read this blog. Thanks for sharing my love for needlework and all things crafty! You've touched my life with your kind words and spirit.

I am again working on Mirabilia's Summer Queen. The funny thing is, I thought I was just about completely done with her in the summer of 2007. I then realized I had a bottom section that was completely neglected! I've worked on her for about two hours in the last few weeks, so I don't have any new progress pictures yet, but I promise you that I will soon. Here she is though when we photographed her way back when. If you've seen these photos before, I apologize. I don't think I've talked about her here for a few years, so perhaps I'm safe in digging this stuff up again.

A full view: (I only have the bottom to finish!)

Summer Queen WIP Full Length

Some close-ups of her:
Summer Queen WIP Sleeve Detail

Summer Queen WIP Head Close-up

Perhaps because the piece was sitting so long, I noticed that a few of the beads are coming out of her head area. Sigh. I need to redo them sometime soon. My stitching shouldn't be that weak, should it?

Thanks for stopping by here today, and thanks for appreciating the needlework I do.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2009 at 6:09 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    She's wonderful! I would have remembered her as finished, too.

    I'm hoping to have my Firefly Faeries ready for the beading by this fall. It will be my first experience so any hints for success would be appreciated.

     
  • At May 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Autumn said...

    She's beautiful! You'll have her done before you know it!

     
  • At May 20, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She is simply stunning! Great work! Love the beads!

     
  • At May 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

    beautiful stitching in the queen of summer.

     
  • At May 21, 2009 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Gina said...

    I never realised how beautiful Summer Queen was until I saw your close ups!! Thanks for sharing. And I know what you mean about friends, stitching and visitors to the house. It's exactly the same for me!

     
  • At May 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Gabi said...

    The close up pictures are showing her beauty to nicely. Wonderful

     
  • At May 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM , Blogger grace said...

    She is absolutely stunning! Wonderous detail work! :)

    Very few of my friends take note of my cross-stitchings. And when they do, I get the "oh~ it's pretty" but they give me a "you're crazy" look when they find out how many hours have gone into a project.

     
  • At May 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    That is such a gorgeous piece, I'll enjoy watching you finish her up. Your earlier post of your sampler finish was wonderful. I can't believe how you were able to design it all out, it turned out fantastic.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home