A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Almost Done!

Ah, relief. Tomorrow is my last class this summer. It has been a long three weeks, that's for sure. I haven't stitched a bit, but I hope to get to it soon.

Awhile back I saw one of my stitching friend's pieces, and I really liked it. It was not something I probably would have wanted to stitch if I just saw the leaflet, but in person the colors were absolutely beautiful. Here it is:

 
Posted by Picasa


I ordered the leaflet from an online store, and it's awaiting me in my very large stash supply box.

Recently I celebrated what some would call a milestone sort of birthday. I really only mention it as I want to show you one of the wonderful gifts I received. My husband and daughter collaborated secretly and somehow managed to get this watercolor painting of our dog done. It's great how getting a portrait like this works. They sent Eddie's photo to the gentleman via email, and he painted him in watercolors and had it shipped to our daughter's home within days.
This wonderful artist sells them through Etsy, and his name is Ron Krajewski. Check out his stuff! Here's a link to his website: Ron Krajewski

Eddie's Portrait:

Watercolor of Eddie

Another view of Eddie, along with the photograph that inspired the watercolor:
Eddie in Watercolor


Just click on them for a better view of the work.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great day.

3 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2009 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Tammy T. said...

    Wow, what a great portrait. People amaze me with their talents in watercolor. I wanted to try it once as I had dabbled in other paint mediums but I was humbled at how tough it is to manipulate. And I use to think watercolor was so petty as if oil was tops. Boy did that set me straight. I have a great respect for watercolor artists now.
    Tammy T.

     
  • At July 23, 2009 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Margie said...

    That is so cool! Thanks for the link to the artist, I have always wanted to have a watercolor done of my dogs. :-)

     
  • At July 24, 2009 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

    Hi there Susan!! LOL... yes, yes. I did stitch those Birthday Flowers but not all on my own. That was sent through a round robin. I think it may have been the first one I did. Happy Belated Birthday! That is a sweet gift you received. Enjoy the rest of your summer break.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home