A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Two Years Ago...

I first started this blog two years ago today. I guess some people would call this a "Blogversary", although I don't know if I like that word. I tend to have the habit of overanalyzing words and language, so don't pay any attention to me. Either way, hurrah! Happy Blogversary.

I started it as all my local stitching friends already had a blog, and I wanted to play, too. Blogging looked like fun as well as being a great way to keep in touch with those friends. Thanks to them for visiting here, and commenting.

It has been wonderful to see so many other bloggers from all over the globe checking out the blog, and returning again.

Thanks to all of you for visiting here
. Whether you leave a comment or not, I appreciate that you read this blog.

Since I started this out as primarily a stitching blog, I thought that it would be all right to share some photos of one of my first needlework projects. I know I shared some of these photos here a year and a half ago, so if you already saw them I apologize. I noticed that when our computer crashed in July all my Picasaweb photos were lost, so truly these photos aren't on my blog anymore. So then it's not quite a repeat, right?

With that being said:

French Knot Tree

I stitched these in 1976 after I'd been embroidering a few years. I didn't have a pattern for this pocket, just had fun with french knots. I still have the shorts tucked away somewhere. Maybe I should wear them sometime? That's a laugh. I was into ballet when I was in high school, and was very slim. I couldn't even fit my thigh into the waist at this point.

The front of the shorts: (That's my daughter modeling them.)

Satin Stitch Leaves

Stitched Denim Shorts

Finally, the back belt loop:
Satin Stitch on Beltloop

As you can see they're well worn as I used them a lot. Before they were cut-off shorts, they were jeans I wore all through ninth and tenth grade.

I haven't had a chance to stitch in over two weeks. I truly miss it, but it's just too busy now with getting my classroom ready, and with family stuff. C'est la vie.

Thanks for stopping by here, and for returning!

Some people just don't 'get' this blog thing at all, do they? I've told a few people about it and they rather look at me like I've gone mad, or should I say completely mad. Either way, I'm glad we get it! :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At August 22, 2008 at 6:53 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    Happy Blogoversary!

    I didn't get the blog thing, either, until I started one. Keeping up the blog has enriched my life (and given me the push I needed to keep a journal) and now I get it, too.

    Glad you're having fun. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

     
  • At August 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Blogversary, Sue!

    I "get" it - it's our own little chance to talk about whatever we want, without feeling that we're imposing on anyone else. So often, I want to share news with people, but don't know if they'd be interested in hearing about it. By having a blog, I can say what I want, and if people chose to read it (and comment), that's great; if not, that's okay, too!

     
  • At August 24, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    Happy Blogiversary, Sue! I'm so glad I "get" it, too! I always enjoy stopping by ~ it's always a treat and a pleasure.

    I love those embroidered jeans ~ they certainly take me back to my high school days as well.

    Keep up the good work!

     
  • At August 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Fun shorts. I don't have any embroidary jeans, but I do have a wonderful denium shirt that my grandmother made for me with different designs. Happy Blogoversary, I love the blogging community we have, it is so supportive and inspiring (or should I say enabling, LOL).
    Sue

     
  • At August 24, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Happy Blogiversary!!!!

     
  • At August 25, 2008 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    I thought people that had blogs were dorks until I started blogging. So glad you convinced me otherwise!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home