A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, June 8, 2008

WIP Update

Instead of attacking my long 'to do' list for both home and my job, I decided to instead finish up the seventh house on my House and Garden Sampler. You know, sometimes you just HAVE to do what you want to do, instead of what you should do.

Here's the sampler before I finished the seventh house on it:

House and Garden Sampler WIP

Here's the 7th house, finished:
 
Posted by Picasa


 


Another view:

 
Posted by Picasa


After completing this house I realized I hadn't mapped out the rest of my houses on my graph paper 'blueprint'. I then had to think very hard to remember where I'd put my large taped together graph paper mess. Fortunately, I found it hiding in a drawer!

I spent a long time looking for other houses, and I finally decided upon a few. With one of the houses I had to erase two other plotted choices of mine before finally deciding on the house! Decisions, decisions.

Here is the end result of all those scribblings. Click on the photos for a better view, if you'd like. First, the entire taped up mess:
 


Here is a closer view of the two homes I'm going to add in the bottom row:
 


The house that will be in the middle of the bottom row is from the Prairie Schooler booklet "Farm Fresh". You can see it below, along with the home from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Family Register pattern (1986) that I'm adding in the bottom right lower corner of the sampler. I changed the windows in that house and added shutters, along with making the one story portion of it larger.


 


Posted by Picasa


A better view of the Prairie Schooler pattern:

 
Posted by Picasa


Below you'll see a closer view of the old CS and CC pattern. The house I modified and am stitching is the building in the lower left portion of the design. Coincidentally, I stitched this sampler up for my in-laws back in 1988. That was twenty years ago! Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

 


I need to start thinking about what garden elements I will add to the sampler after the houses are all done. That will be another large search, won't it?

Thanks for stopping by here today, and for looking at my sampler progress.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At June 8, 2008 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    Can't wait to see where you add that Jacarnada tree. What about a smokebush and some climbing vines?

     
  • At June 11, 2008 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are making sure great progress, Sue! You've definitely put a lot of effort into designing your sampler - I think I would probably just end up "winging it" if ever I was to attempt something similar!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home