A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Made at Home

 
Posted by Picasa


Last Saturday my brother came over and spent the day making bird feeders with my husband. The photo above shows the hopper feeder my husband made. My brother made a raised platform feeder for the ground, but I didn't take a photo of that one.

We hung it up on Sunday, and here's how it looked:

 
Posted by Picasa


Within 15 minutes the first birds arrived!
 
Posted by Picasa


The birds aren't using it too much as the lip on the side of it seems too tall. They practically have to crawl down inside of the feeder to get any seeds! I think my husband will shorten the tall lip with his jigsaw, but all in good time.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home