A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Inpirational Stitching

 
Posted by Picasa


I love to look around the internet for pictures of beautiful needlework. Through my searching I found the lovely House and Garden Sampler shown above. It was done as a Round Robin through the Legacy Bulletin Board, and this Round Robin belongs to Linda. Thanks, Linda, for letting me share the picture here! I love the brilliant colors of the piece, and the way it all flows together. I plan on using this photo as inpiration for my own planning when I add elements to my sampler.

I also wanted to share a few more examples of gorgeous House and Garden Samplers that I have found on the internet. I don't know who stitched all of these, so if I've shared your stitching here please let me know and I can give you full credit!


I stumbled upon a blog written by a lady by the name of Michelle (http://nativetexanstitchingabroad.blogspot.com/2007/12/neighborhood-round-robins.html), and I found these great photos on her blog:

 
Posted by Picasa



The size of this one is truly amazing:

 
Posted by Picasa



Another lovely one:

 
Posted by Picasa


Finally, I can't remember at all where I found this photo. I think it may have also been on the Legacy Bulletin Board, but I can't seem to locate it there anymore. I love the fall colors in this gorgeous Round Robin:


 
Posted by Picasa


Did you notice the tree in the upper right corner? Isn't it gorgeous?

I hope you've enjoyed seeing these beautiful House and Garden Samplers. To all the stitchers who worked on these, thanks for your continued inspiration. In fact, thanks to all of you for inspiring me with your creativity, crafts, and stitching, even if you didn't work on these particular projects.

When I look at each of these samplers I am reminded of those words written by John Keats,

“A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.”

I think I'll add that quote to my sidebar, in fact. I first heard those words in a high school poetry class, and I think I like them!

Thanks for stopping by here today on this beautiful spring day.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At May 3, 2008 at 5:05 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Wow, you found some beautiful samplers to post for us to enjoy. I hadn't seen these before. I've seen other house themed round robbins lately, they seem to be very popular. One of my favorite designers, LHN, is talking about a house themed sampler, I can't wait to see it. Your piece is looking wonderful as well, nice progress. I love the colors you've picked for the different houses.
    Sue

     
  • At May 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Oh my gosh, what absolutely wonderful samplers! Thank you for posting them. I have wanted to design my own sampler for some time, and you are certainly providing some inspiration.

     
  • At May 4, 2008 at 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They are AMAZING! I love these so much. Thank you for rounding them up and sharing them.

     
  • At May 5, 2008 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    Wow! Those are spectacular samplers. Thanks for taking the time to post them for our viewing pleasure. This is when I think the Internet is truly a wonderful thing ~ Inspriation is just a click away.

     
  • At May 7, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    I love the sampler with the rabbits jumping in the front yard. It is soo cool!

     
  • At May 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What gorgeous samplers you;ve discovered! Really wonderful!

     
  • At May 9, 2008 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Brisa de Amor said...

    Hello Stich!!!

    Que hermosos trabajos inspiradores de magia, solo manos maravillosas pueden lograr tanta belleza!

    Feliz fin de semana!

    besos desde Argentina!

     
  • At May 10, 2008 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They are all beautiful, Sue. Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home