A Stitch in Time*

Monday, March 31, 2008

Last Day of March

First Roses of Spring
First Roses of Spring

It's Monday~where did the weekend go?

Far too much time was spent working on projects for my job, and no time was spent on my Master's project. That is unfortunate and I'll have to make up for that later on this week, or next week.

I did work in the yard for many hours on Saturday, and above you can see a picture of the first roses of spring. These roses were planted three years ago, and they're looking better each year!

I also fixed up the front porch a bit. These colorful pots are very special to me since our daughter painted and decorated them several years ago. One of them even has glitter on it, but that's hard to see in the photo.

Here's how the porch looks now, and the funky mix of color is a fun thing to me but I know that many who see it may cringe at the uncoordinated clash:
Spring Porch Plants

I moved the Christmas poinsettias to the backyard patio/deck area:

Poinsettias in March

I don't know what to do with those poinsettias to sustain them until next Christmas. Any ideas? They've been outside since we got them from our son-in-law.

I stitched for about 1/2 hour on Saturday. I will share a photo of that later on this week, but very little progress has been made since the last photo.

It's off to work now. My husband helped me rearrange the classroom late Friday afternoon so I'm prepared for an 'exciting' day. The children react to any small change, so it will be fun to see what they do with the huge changes we made!

I hope you have a great day, and thanks for your comments and visits.

Warmly,
Stitcher S

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At March 31, 2008 at 7:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What beautiful flowers! It is still cold and rainy here. Sigh.

     
  • At March 31, 2008 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Windy said...

    I have heard that if you plant poinsettias they will be around next year. My co-worker kept hers in a pot indoor. Talk to you later!

     
  • At March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Don't you just love roses? My husband rarely sends me flowers as I would rather have a new rose bush for our yard. In fact, I have a couple to get planted right now. I love the colorful pots together on your porch. Nothing I have matches, and I like it that way. I sure enjoy your blog.

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Shalini said...

    I love all your flowers, specially the roses. I'm planning to put a new bed along the side of the house and only plant roses there. That side gets sun for part of the day. I hope it works out.

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 3:43 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Love your flower pictures, so bright and cheerful. It is still cold and gloomy here. It will be quite a bit I think before we'll have flowers in my area like the beautiful ones you have.
    Sue

     
  • At April 2, 2008 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    hola, miro muy lindo tu jardin y esos arreglos que hiciste, se notan, espero que esta semana si abances mas en tu bordado y que el santo de tu marido siga ayudandote en tu trabajo, espero tu semana sea muy productiva en todos los sentidos, te mando un abrazo desde Acapulco.

    Hello, I look very prettily at your garden and these arrangements that you did, they are obvious, I hope that this week if abances mas in your embroidery and that the saint of your husband is still helping yourself in your work, I wait your week be very productive in every sense, I order you an embrace from Acapulco.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home