A Stitch in Time*

Friday, March 14, 2008

Another Weekend to Work on That Thing

It's Friday night, and soon I will again start working on my large project for the program I'm in at this time. It's not a stitching project, unfortunately! I did get a lot done last weekend, but the entire project is not complete yet. I think I have about 10-20 more hours of work left to do on it, and it will more than likely be more than that.

The week dragged slowly. The time change made it especially hard to function at a good pace, and work seems to just keep getting busier. Spring Fever has begun and the students are very, very restless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stitching Update

Here's the latest progress picture of the House and Garden Sampler.

House and Garden Sampler WIP

And a close-up of the latest house:
Fifth House on House and Garden Sampler

I only worked on it about an hour this past week, but I will get some stitching in this upcoming weekend.

*************************************************************************************
Dish Towel

I also wanted to share a little story about a piece I finished stitching years ago. It's now hanging in our dining room corner. It's the Gathering Honey Sampler from an old CS and CC magazine. I affectionately call it the 'dish towel' because as I worked on it over the years my mom would see me work on it and always ask me if it was to be a 'dish towel'. She meant no disrespect by it, I'm sure. In her family the ladies who embroidered (her mom and just one sister) basically stitched only dish towels. I think it took me several years of stitching to complete this sampler, so needless to say it wasn't meant to be any sort of dish towel.

Here's a photo of it:

Gathering Honey Sampler

And in the room, to the right of the hutch (Gosh, that hutch surface needs some sort of color on it, I can sure see that now!) :
Old Hutch

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for your kind comments.

Stitcher S

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2008 at 4:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful "dish towel"! House sampler is looking great as well.

     
  • At March 15, 2008 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    Wonderful old sampler ~ it looks like it was a lot of work. I love that hutch! Your new sampler keeps getting better and better :~)

     
  • At March 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Windy said...

    I love the colors of the new house the best. I see this house with red shutters. Anyhow, keep trudging along on your project. When you finish you will feel such a great sense of accomplishment. Add music to your blog!!!!!

     
  • At March 15, 2008 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    I remember that chart and I think I still have the magazine that it came out of. It's a beautiful piece and a sweet memory for you. Nice progress on the house sampler.

     
  • At March 16, 2008 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Karin said...

    It's a lovely sampler - congrats on getting it all framed!

     
  • At March 16, 2008 at 5:34 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Your new house is looking lovely, and the Honey Sampler is gorgeous. Loved seeing all the bird pictures in your previous post. I also have several feeders and love to watch the various birds that come to feed. My favorites are the chickadees and nuthatches.
    Sue

     
  • At March 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger .. said...

    You have made a beautiful work! Congratulations!
    Hugs from Argentina...

     
  • At March 23, 2008 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Hilde C. said...

    The sampler looks beautiful :-)

     
  • At March 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    esta lindo tu cuadro de las abejitas, y que bueno que no te tomaras a mal cuando tu mami pensaba que era algo diferente, miro que has avanzado en tu labor...aun no se como los maestros tienen tanta pasiencia con los alumnos y mas en los meses que mas inquietos andan, besos desde Acapulco.

    This one I adjoin your picture of the abejitas, and at that good that you were not taking to badly when your mami was thinking that it was something different, I look that you have advanced in your labor ... even not as the teachers they have so many pasiencia with the pupils and mas in the months that mas anxious walk, kisses from Acapulco.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home