A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, February 23, 2008

House and Garden Sampler Update

I hope your weekend is going well.

Last night I finished the tree that's next to the Tudor-styled home I finished on Thurday. I am now quite excited to start the next house, which will be a house from a book I bought years ago.

Here's the Sampler at this point:
House and Garden Sampler

Close-up of the Tudor-style home:
Tudor House- House and Garden Sampler

I added the little birdhouse near the fence since I so love watching birds in our yard.

It looks to be another busy weekend. After a rainy, gray Friday we awakened to a bright sunny sky and lots of birds singing. That is something to behold after a very gray day! For those of you who live where it's cloudy all the time, I truly don't know how you stand it but then again I guess you get used to it.

Enjoy your day!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At February 23, 2008 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Windy said...

    This sampler would look nice in my kitchen. The tudor style home matches my paint well.
    Love you,
    Stick

     
  • At February 23, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's so pretty, Sue. You're doing a beautiful job in designing your sampler!

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 8:07 AM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    This is looking so pretty, and it is growing quite quickly. I like the little extras that you're putting in, like the birdhouse. Those type of details make a huge difference to a finished piece. We have sun again today and it is soooo welcome after the gloom and snow we've been having, now if it would just warm up a bit.
    Sue

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Love it...it's been fun watching your progress. As for the lack of sun, we have more than our share of the big yellow guy, so we like a gloomy, cloudy day now and then. I'm with you though...I like the sunshine.

     
  • At February 25, 2008 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    que lindo va, el arbol te quedo muy bien y me gusta tu entuciasmo por iniciar la nueva casa, aqui donde vivo casi no llueve y siempre esta soleado, te deceo una feliz semana.

    That pretty goes, the tree you still have very well and I like your entuciasmo for initiating the new house, here where I live almost it does not rain and always this one sunny, you deceo a happy week.

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM , Blogger nkuelbs said...

    Susan:

    I love your H&G sampler! I am especially in love with your tree with the curving roots - could you please share the design this came from?

    Take care, Nancy

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Thanks so much! Your encouragement is so helpful.

    Windy, I know it would look nice in your kitchen. I must teach you how to stitch so you can make one too! :)

    Nancy, the pattern is from the old BHG (CS and CC) magazine-April 97, designer is Patricia Andrle.

     
  • At February 29, 2008 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    The Tudor house is lovely and I especially like that birdhouse! It is all looking lovely!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home