A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cropped for Viewing

Village Square Cropped
The above photo is one I cropped of a piece I stitched and finished quite some time ago. I like how it looks cropped! I will have to get that piece framed soon. The pattern is from an old For the Love of Cross Stitch magazine, and it's designed by Sam Hawkins. It's stitched on 18 count Aida as I began it long ago, before I decided to pretty much stitch everything on evenweave fabric.

I finally stitched some more on my House and Garden Sampler on Thursday evening, and I even started my next square on that project. I will share a photo here soon.


Here's a few more photos. My husband took them of some pansies in our yard. I love pansies!

Take care and thanks for all your comments. I really appreciate hearing from you, it's very encouraging to know that people read this little blog!

Stitcher W/Sue~ I promise to have my niece's Baked Spaghetti recipe here sometime soon.
Pansy
Pansy

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2008 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Anne Marie said...

    You made me all curious when I read in my blog-comments your "God Jul" (and that fact that your moms heritage is norwegian) and then the perfect spanish greeting! Have you lived in Spain??!?

    Wishing you the best for the year to come!

     
  • At January 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The pansies are lovely!

    Your village piece is lovely.

     
  • At January 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Great house piece, it looks like a lovely neighborhood. It will be a fun one to have finished up and framed. I don't do much on aida anymore either, but occationally it makes a nice change. Or, in some cases the tecture and roughness does add a nice touch to a design.

    Sounds like you've been (and will be) quite busy. Hope you're able to get some time for yourself in there along the way so you don't go to crazy before it starts to settle down again.

    The pansies are gorgeous. Pansies are one of my favorite flowers too, they are so bright and cheerful. They were especially fun to see your picture of today, as currently it is about 6 degres (don't know what it is with the windchill) and we have snow outside. Looking forward to seeing the baked spagetti recipe when you post it (I love pasta).
    Sue

     
  • At January 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Joy said...

    Those are great houses ~ and your pansies are beautiful! Nice photos!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home