A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Christmas Eve

Another Christmas is over. Sigh. I always feel a mixture of relief, contentedness, and sadness when it's the day after Christmas. I mostly feel relief at this point. I always enjoy Christmas, but I am just fine with it being done for another year.

Here's some photos that highlight some of what this Christmas was for us.

These photos show our baking day spent at my brother and sister-in-law's house. I love cooking and baking at their home as they have a large, modern kitchen. Don't get me wrong, our kitchen is fine but in 1957 they didn't make the kitchens very large. That's an understatement. Anyway, we baked for hours, and we also made a few other treats to share with people. In fact I gave away seven tins of goodies to co-workers. Here's the beginning preparations of the white chocolate snack mix I made:

Snack Mix

The following photos show cookie production in various stages. My mom and daughter helped out this year.

Cookies

Frosting Prep

Cookie Frosting

A few days before Christmas Eve our son-in-law replanted our front planter. It looks so pretty now! Our daughter made a felt banner on the spur of the moment, but you can't see a bit of it here. I must take a close-up picture of it later on this week. The reindeer was given to me as a gift by one of my students.
It's made out of palm fronds! Our planter and porch area:

Christmas

Reindeer

Here are some photos from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We had family over for both of them, and sadly some of the folks on Christmas Eve couldn't be here for Christmas Day.

Here's our table on Christmas Eve:
Christmas Eve

And the tree:
Christmas Tree

My niece and my mom on the 24th:
Christmas Eve

I wish I'd gotten a good picture of my great niece on her first Christmas Eve. The one I took turned out blurry so I can't share it here.

Christmas Day in the kitchen:
A Fun Group

More family members on Christmas Day:
You bet!

Finally, our dog on Christmas Day. Our daughter made him the bow out of felt.

With New Bow

It was a great time. I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday, too.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home