A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

WIP- House Sampler

House Sampler WIP

I finally got the camera out and my husband took a photo of my House Sampler WIP. As you can see, I haven't done too much of it. This branch will have a mirror image sort of branch with a bird, and under both branches will be homes. You can see the top of the house that is just under the branch. I am excited about doing this huge sampler, even though I really don't have time for a new project right now.

All the trick or treaters have gone home now. We didn't have that many this year, really. I think a lot of folks just don't trick or treat anymore. When I was a kid, I recall the streets being full of children in shiny costumes. That was a great time! I loved it so when our kids were small and we took them out in their costumes. Those were wonderful times, full of great memories.

It's off now to prepare for another day. I hope you had a wonderful Wednesday, and if you celebrate Halloween I hope you had a good one.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At October 31, 2007 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Nice start and I love the bird. I can't wait to see your sampler as it progresses.

     
  • At November 1, 2007 at 4:17 AM , Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

    It's a nice start - cute bird!

    Good luck with your Master's - the work will all be worthwhile!

     
  • At November 1, 2007 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Joy said...

    Great start on your house sampler. What a great idea! And of course, that bird! I, too, miss the "old-time" trick-or-treating, but like you said, the memories are wonderful. Hang in there with your Masters! The teachers in my family have shared your sentiments! LOL

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 1:16 PM , Blogger blessings said...

    Oh, how I wish I knew how to do that! And I'm sure that you'll fall into the routine with the Master's Program soon enough. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings... Polly

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Ruth Welter said...

    Ow, I love your sampler, it looks just beautiful. That is great about your masters degree...the best of luck with it. I hope you still have plenty of time for stitching. : )

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Lallee said...

    I love seeing your needlework.

    We had only 2 groups stop by to trick or treat this year.

    I thinks it's wonderful that you are working on your masters! I think I'd have bad dreams if I had homework due again ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home