A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, October 4, 2007

24 Years Gone By

Posted by Picasa



In exactly 4 minutes, our daughter will be 24 years old. Where does time go? She's my first born, so that means I've been a mom for 24 years. That's how old I was when I first held her on that October morning so long ago. It was long ago, but yet I can remember it as clear as yesterday's morning.

Thinking of how quickly time flies brings tears to my eyes, actually. Life is so precious and sweet, and it passes so quickly. Before you know it, you're well past being young and approaching the senior discount.

Instead of focusing on that, I want to wish my sweet daughter a very happy birthday. Tonight we'll celebrate by taking her and her new husband to a local Spanish restaurant. The beverages are wonderful there, as are the tapas. In less than two weeks we'll celebrate her birthday with our extended family, too.

Happy Birthday to you, dear daughter. You'll always be our little "Bodie" ~ the one who dances with the unicorns, catches butterflies, and puts baby clothes on our puppy. You taught me how to be patient, and more.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home