A Stitch in Time*

Friday, August 10, 2007

Stitching Time

On the stiching front, here's what I've been working on:
Pillowcase ~ WIP

Here's a picture of both of the pillowcases as I'm working on them at the same time:
Pillowcases ~  WIPs

These are pillowcases that were pre-stamped and bought for me by my mother-in-law about fifteen years ago! They've been sitting in my embroidery stash drawer all this time. One of them is rather yellowed, so I need to find my aunt's recipe for yellowed linens. If you have one, please leave it in the comments for me. My mother-in-law has been gone for 13 years now, so the pillowcases are a kind reminder of her generosity and thoughtfulness. She loved that I enjoyed needlework so much. She herself didn't do needlework, but several of her six sisters did.

I'm using variegated thread that I bought years ago. It's fun to see how the colors change and turn out when you're done with that flower or leaf.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2007 at 4:32 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    They are looking lovely, varigated threads are such fun to use. The way the colors change without having to change the floss all the time is great.
    Sue

     
  • At August 15, 2007 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    My mother used to work on these types of linens when I was small! What memories that brings back.....Unfortunately I don't know where they have all disappeared to.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home