A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What's for Dinner, etc?

I finished a tea towel last night. It's extremely simple, but it was fun to see it get finished. My mom stamped these years ago and passed them on to me to stitch.

Here's a view of the towel I just finished.
Kitty Tea Towel


A close up:
Close up of Kitty

I have previously stitched a few others of these, and although they're cute I'm glad I'm done with them.

On Sunday we spent the day at the beach for a birthday party. The sun was bright, the breeze was cool and fortunately we had a shade structure to help us cope with the sunshine. Seriously, I don't like sitting in the sun as I tend to burn so badly.

Monday I picked up my parents to stay here for the week. We're having a great time, and it's a good break for my mom as far as having help with caring for my dad. On top of my parents being here we had company for dinner last night, and we'll have more here tonight. Monday night we ate barbecued sandwiches made with a rolled rump roast I cooked in the crock pot. Last night it was steak, potatoes, and salad. Oh, and homemade brownies with walnuts and extra added chocolate. Tonight it will be chicken, rice, and asparagus.

It's off now to prepare for the day and all the cooking that's ahead.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home