A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Summer Queen Beading

Summer Queen WIP Sleeve Detail
Here's a photo of Summer Queen's sleeve. The beading seems decent in this one, and I think I'll keep it as is.

Summer Queen WIP Head Close-up

On the other hand, in the close-up of her head I don't like how the beads look and I'll have to redo them. I think I've experimented too much with different ways to sew them on, and I should have stuck with what I started doing with beads 20 years ago! Do you ever switch stitching methods,and find out the old way was better? It seems to happen to me far too often.

For now I've switched onto a new WIP. I'm working on Paula Vaughan's Wedding Ring Bouquet. I'll post an update soon!

Here's one last photo of Summer Queen, shown full length.

Summer Queen WIP Full Length

I've been working on her since Christmas, and it's rather nice to move onto another piece, even though I'm sad I was not yet able to finish her.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2007 at 4:00 PM , Blogger ragamuffin child said...

    The beading looks gorgeous from your photo! I'm not sure how many ways there are to attach beads though...you must share! :) She does look lovely. I'm sorry you weren't able to finish her this time around. What's that about delayed gratification?? :)

     
  • At July 16, 2007 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

    Your Summer Queen is beautiful! The rest of the skirt shouldn't take too much longer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home