A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Some VOS (Very Old Stitching)





Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa


I came upon these photos of some shorts I embroidered back in 1975, right after I learned how to embroider. Amazing that I still have these shorts, isn't it? I sure can't fit in them anymore. I remember how hard it was to stitch through the thick denim, especially with the french knots and satin stitches! Did you ever embroider on denim jeans, shorts, or perhaps on that old chambray shirt? Ahhh, the 70s. Was it really 30 years ago?

Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At March 17, 2007 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

    They're gorgeous, Sue!

     
  • At March 20, 2007 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Wow those would be in today, embrodiery on jeans is in again.

    I wish we could of met as well!

     
  • At March 28, 2007 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

    I do vaguely remember stitching on a pocket of some shorts. I did do an extensive embroidery on a western-style shirt for my dad. It was stitched all across the back yoke and a bit on each front yoke as well. I was so thrilled whenever he would wear it.

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 3:21 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Oh Wow, these were such a joy to see. I use to embroider on my jeans in the 70's and how I wish I still had a pair. I know they wouldn't fit me, lol but I would love to see them. What fun that was. I think I am going to have some embroidery fun with my granddaughters jeans. She is just 3 but I think she would like them. bghngt

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home