A Stitch in Time*

Friday, August 10, 2007

Our New Visitor on Our Feeder

First, let me begin by showing you a picture of the feeder with the type of bird that is normally on it:
Another Finch on a different feeder

After we placed out sunflower seeds on our new platform feeder that's shown on the previous post, here's what I found on the finch feeder on day:

Band-tailed Pigeon on the Birdfeeder

I was in complete awe to see this large bird feeding on our small feeder. Through various research, this fellow appears to be a band-tailed pigeon. He has returned to feed again, and he brought two pigeon pals with him.

The scrub jay never did use the platform feeder as it was first displayed, so thankfully my husband mounted it to the backyard fence. The peanuts are gone now, so I hope it's the scrub that's eating them!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home