A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Plotting A Project and Feeder Success!

I've spent all evening working on a sampler pattern of sorts that I will someday stitch. It's based on a wonderful sampler of homes I found online that was stitched by a group of French women. Here's a picture of that sampler, called the Dijon Sampler:
Posted by Picasa



Several other stitchers around the globe have also stitched similar neighborhood samplers, and I've loved watching their progress online.

I would love to be part of a Round Robin, but I truly have never committed to one due to time limitations on my part. I just can't stand the thought of a deadline when it comes to my hobby. It's too much like my job then, to me. All the more reason I so applaud my fellow stitchers who stitch up a storm in Round Robins.

So all evening I've been graphing out various houses I wish to stitch, and fitting them along with other motifs on the graph paper my husband bought me. I've had enough for now, and I wish I had a crosstitch program of sorts for my computer. I think it would make it easier, wouldn't it?

We'll have to see about that one!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At September 25, 2007 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    hay que lindo pajarito, que lindo que pusieras un alimentador para poder observarlos, y yo creo que si, que cada ave tiene un comportamiento diferente.

     
  • At September 26, 2007 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Shalini said...

    Oh I love when the birds start coming to the feeder. I had so many come in our old house, but here there are no birds :( I loved seeing the Cardinals and Chickadees and the finches on my feeder. Have fun!

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

    Isn't that a beautiful RR? I've seen it before. I'm currently in a neighborhood RR - this is my third neighborhood RR, and probably my 7th RR that I've participated in. I know what you mean about sometimes feeling the pressure, but the great thing about RRs is that you end up with such a gorgeous, unique piece when you get it back!

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Lallee said...

    Oh that sampler is wonderful. I'm sure you'll have fun creating one. The scrub jays sure are pretty. We don't have that type of jay here.

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Round Robins aren't for everyone. Yes you have a deadline to live with. But then you have to learn not to get worked up about things not being sent on time by other stitchers and trust in the co-ordiantor to keep things moving smoothly!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home