A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Color My World

Collage of Flowers
It's funny, but one thing that has always made me feel happy is color. Even as a small child, I specifically remember being happy when I looked at colors, and how they looked together. Can you relate at all?

I loved to rearrange my crayons into color families when I was quite small. Color made me HAPPY! I so enjoyed how the colors looked together, and how some of the colors clashed with each other. To me a perfect day was spending time at home, just coloring away to my heart's content.

With my love for color in mind, I threw together some of our yard flower photos and made the collage you see at the top of this post. I love the contrast of the varying hues together. Some of them really don't look so great next to each other, but I'll post the photo here just the same.

Part of my love for needlework is of course based on my love for color. It is so much fun to see all the fiber colors next to each other, and watch a design emerge from all the wonderful colors.

So tell me, does color make you happy? Which colors do you enjoy seeing together?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At October 11, 2007 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

    I know that I've become more observant of the colors in nature since stitching (for example, in a given tree, I'll notice all the different shades of green). I don't think I paid that much attention before I started stitching.

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    hola, ya tenia mis dias que no me dabqa mi vuelta por aqui, miro todolo que has puesto aun que hoy no me he dado el tiempo de usar el traductor, solo pase a saludarte y decirte que este colage de fotos se mira genial y alegran la vista, un beso enorme desde Acapulco.

     
  • At October 13, 2007 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    I adore color! I've recently gone on a varigated floss binge, which I don't think is completely out of my system yet. My favorites are combinations of soft blue with creams and whites, lavenders with pale yellows and greens, and all the colors of autumn, gold, rust, brown.

     
  • At October 13, 2007 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Ruth Welter said...

    I can relate to what you've said..I crave color. That is what makes the world cheerful for me. Beautiful floral, colorful colage you've got posted.

     
  • At October 14, 2007 at 4:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello
    You have a wonderful blog. The photos are amazing. I was wondering if you would allow me to turn some into cross stitch patterns?

    Anyway, i own an online business and i'm giving away leaflets and flosses. If you are interested, just visit this link
    http://www.freewebs.com/goldenlightdesigns/freepatterns.htm

    thanks

     
  • At October 16, 2007 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Shalini said...

    Beautiful collage. I love color just as you do. Always makes me feel happy. That is part of why I like digi-scrapping so much. I always love to put those colors together which normally might not be. I love coming up with various schemes and the result is instant gratification.
    My current favorite scheme is lime green/purple.

     
  • At October 17, 2007 at 4:23 AM , Blogger Lallee said...

    Your flower collage is beautiful. You've had some gorgeous blooms. I hope you find more stitching time soon. I can't wait until the end of each day to get my crocheting out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home