A Stitch in Time*

Friday, December 28, 2007

More Christmas Stuff and a WIP


I wanted to share a photo of the banner our daughter made for our little planter in front of the house. It's at the top of this post. I usually buy a Christmas banner, but I couldn't find one anywhere this year. I love this one far better than any banner one could find at a store.


I also wanted to share a special ornament that I received back in 1983 when our daughter was born. Isn't it sweet? It was stitched for me by a dear friend of mine that I've known for 38 years. Last weekend, in fact, we got to see her and her son perform in The Nutcracker.

Here's the ornament:
Posted by Picasa


We always embellish stockings with our own felt details. Here's the one our daughter made for our newest family member~ my great niece. Bunnies were added since my niece loves them so much!
Posted by Picasa



Finally I have a stitching WIP to share with you. This is a bit of my house sampler, and since I have had this heavy cold the last few days I haven't felt like doing much besides stitching. It's coming along but I have another 7 or more houses and details to do before this huge piece will be done.
Posted by Picasa


Here's the last update I shared with you on this piece, so I guess I have made a little bit of slow progress.

House Sampler WIP

Thanks for visiting my blog today. If you know of any great cold remedies, please do share them with me.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At December 28, 2007 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sorry about the cold - I'm afraid I don't have any remedies. I hope you get well soon!

    Nice pictures - I love the stocking ornament your friend made for your daughter's first Christmas!

     
  • At December 29, 2007 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    Oh I am so sorry to hear you are sick. My remedy is always rest, rest and more rest ~ and lots of fluids!! Your stitching progress is wonderful and I loved that banner. I agree that in every way it is much better than anything storebought! I also loved seeing the stockings. My daughter received one very similar (she was born in 1980) that I treasure.
    Feel better soon!!

     
  • At December 29, 2007 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your WIP is looking just great! I think that's the nature of being in education, you go, go, go, and the minute you stop you're out for the count... sick as a dog!

    I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At December 30, 2007 at 12:39 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Sorry that you aren't feeling well again. Colds (and coughs) this time of year seem to be so common that it seems impossible to stay away from the bugs and not get one. Your Christmas banner that your daughter made is lovely, so bright and cheerful, and the stockings were beautiful as well.
    Sue

     
  • At December 31, 2007 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ouch, I hope the weekend was good to you and that you're feeling a little better today.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home