A Stitch in Time*

Friday, March 7, 2008

A Bit More Progress

Here is the latest photo of my sampler. I really hope I find a bit of time to work on it this weekend. Wait, I won't find the time---I will set aside time to work on it. Last Saturday I stitched for 1/2 hour in the morning right when I got up, so at least that way I did get some stitching done last weekend.

House and Garden Sampler Progress

Here's a closer shot of the new house:
New House Emerging!

The green is a bit brighter than the other greens I've used so far but I decided to add more varied hues and tones to make the sampler 'livelier'. We'll see how it turns out! How do you think the new greens look with the other colors so far?

It looks to be a busy weekend for me at home. I will work on my master's project all day, both days. My goal is to put in twelve hours this weekend!

I have not been good at doing so lately, but I must get to it this weekend. Sigh. I would so rather go to the dog park with our dog, work on the house, visit with friends and family, or sit and stitch, but I need to work on this project!

Thanks for all your comments and support, and please let me know what you think of that new green shade.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At March 7, 2008 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    That shade of green would be better if it were on a green doughnut cake.

     
  • At March 8, 2008 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    I think the green looks great ~ is that a Lady Banks Rose climbing up the side of the house? Isn't it just wretched the way work/studies get in the way of stitching?? Hope you make lots of progress on both :~)

     
  • At March 8, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    I think it look good, it gives a nice bit of contrast. In real life there are so many shades, that it works well. Nice progress. Good luck getting everything done you need too, hope you can squeeze in a bit of stitching time too.

    Loved the before and after shots of your backyard area. The change from what it was to what it looks like now is amazing. I'd enjoy hanging out back there in the summer too.
    Sue

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think there are so many greens in nature that it will look fine!

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Well it looks good to me, lots of different shades in a piece makes it come to life don't you think?
    Sue
    www.susie1205.blogspot.com

     
  • At March 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Blogger APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

    beautiful work! :)
    bjig hugg from Portugal!

     
  • At March 10, 2008 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    pues a mi me parece muy acertado el cambio, me gusta como esta quedando y espero tengas un poco mas de tiempo para hacer esto que tanto te gusta, te deceo una linda semana y que tengas un gran avance en tu bordado, besos desde Acapulco.

    Since the change seems to my me to be very guessed right, I like it(him,her,you) as this one staying and I wait have little mas of time to do this that so much you like, you deceo a pretty week and that you have a great advance in your embroidery, kisses from Acapulco.

     
  • At March 10, 2008 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Thanks for your comments and encouragement about the green color!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home