A Stitch in Time*

Monday, March 17, 2008

Are We There Yet? No, we're not.

Sunrise
Saturday Sunrise

The weekend flew by, and I don't know where the time went. I spent a large part of Saturday working on my Master's project. I am so, so tired of it. At one point I felt like screaming. I mean it, I wanted to scream! I knew that it would do no good, so instead I took a short break from the computer and all the madness of putting this project together. On a positive note, my instructor has been supportive and complimentary about what I've done. That does help a bit.

My husband took the sunrise photo above on Saturday morning. I like the way our neighbor's tree shoots up above the rest of the large, old trees. We don't live in a spot that is prime for taking sunrise photos, but either way I like to look at the sky in the morning and when the sun sets.

The bathroom/bedroom painting project is still underway, but there are no 'after' photos to share yet. Someday that huge job will be done. Our bathroom cabinets were previously painted blue, so those are a real challenge to cover. The new color on the cabinets is 'Pot of Cream'. Here is a photo of my husband removing that old 'Jacobean' style wallpaper in our bedroom. That blue matted picture on the right is going 'bye bye', too.

 
Posted by Picasa


*********************************************************************************
I did stitch a bit on Sunday morning, but not enough to warrant any sort of update photo.

I hope your week started out well.

Take care,
Stitcher S

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Joy said...

    Ugh, wallpaper removal. I have some of that in my future. Great sunrise photo. I know what you mean about not having the optimal backyard for those types of shots, but I really like the silhouettes of the trees agains the dusk/dawn skies. Have a lovely Easter weekend ~ hope you get a bit of a break from that school project!

     
  • At March 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

    Looking forward to the end result!!! Have a lovely weekend.

     
  • At March 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing the picture! I like the trees silhouetted against the sky like that. You have a better view than I do right now!

    You and your DH will be finished with your bathroom soon enough!

     
  • At March 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    I hope that the work and effort that you're having to put in to your project will start to look more like it is coming to an end soon. It would be so hard to keep working like that, and especially with spring coming and such and wanting to be out and about not tied to a computer and school work. Good luck with the remaining work on the bedroom/bathroom, I'll bet it will be awesome when done.
    Sue

     
  • At March 24, 2008 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    Una muy linda foto la que tomo tu esposo, me alegra que sigas con los cambios en tu casa, si asi como esta luce muy linda con todo lo que le hagas quedara exelente, espero logres adelantar en tu bordado, besos.

    A very pretty photo the one that I take your husband, makes me happy that you continue with the changes in your house, if this way since(as,like) this one seems very pretty with everything what you do to him(her) it(he,she) was staying exelente, I wait manage to improve in your embroidery, kisses.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home