A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, April 27, 2008

House Progress

It has been a very busy weekend, but this evening I had a small block of time to work on my sampler. Here is the latest photo of the sampler:
House and Garden Sampler WIP

I have threads hanging off the house I'm doing right now. Since it's my version of our actual home, I'm doing some of the stitching as I go without planning the stitches much at all. Thus you see the threads hanging off!

Here's another photo:House and Garden Sampler WIP

I wanted to take a close-up of the latest house, but the batteries on my camera didn't cooperate. Instead I cropped one so you could see my version of the peach and yellow roses to the left of our door, and the blue/lavender hydrangea to the right of our door, under the window. I used Color Variations by DMC for those flowers:
House and Garden Sampler WIP

Now I have just a window and a small bit of the right side of the house remaining. I'll stitch a tiny version of our six rose bushes in that planter, too. I think I'll use variations for the roses.

We planted the roses a few years ago, and they mean a lot to us. (after removing dreadful shrubs planted in the 1950s)Here's a photo of those awful shrubs that were soon to be removed:

 
Posted by Picasa


Here are the roses that replaced the junipers. We did this yard project four years ago, so the roses are now just four years old: First, from last summer:
Roses in Bloom

This photo is from this spring--the first roses of spring, in fact:

First Roses of Spring

Roses after planter Redo

Thanks for visiting here today, and thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home