A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mid-June Already!

Sigh. I haven't had time to do much stitching at all. Work is very busy this time of year, for one thing. I won't bore you with all that nonsense.

I did start my next house on the sampler, but it's too small a piece of progress for a picture.

We celebrated three family birthdays last week, but the main celebrating has been delayed due to various reasons such as scheduling conflicts and illnesses. We did get my husband a new camera for his birthday/Father's Day, so I wanted to share a few pictures he took in our backyard.

Our "Endless Summer" hydrangea- one of my favorite plants:
Endless Summer Hydrangea

A photo of one of our geraniums:
Geranium

One of my favorite flowers for borders-lobelia:

Lobelia

A close-up of a rose bush we have in a clay pot that's called Scentimental:
Scentimental Rose

This one has an overexposed look, but for some reason I like the bright colors. Our Christmas poinsettias are still red in spots, in the foreground:
Backyard

A photo of the goldfinches:

The Goldfinches are busy!


Next is one taken on the older camera. In time the new camera will have a zoom lens, but for now the older camera has the capacity to zoom in closer, but the quality isn't as clear:
Lesser Goldfinches


Finally, a photo of our feeder's latest visitor. This huge crow has been eating off the platform feeder, and has scared off our Western Scrubjays. I wish he would find another place to eat!

American Crow on our Platform Feeder

Thanks for visiting here, and I hope you have a great day.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2008 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

    I enjoyed so much reading your blog. I have subscribed to it already!!.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. You can leave me comments in english, no problem :)

    Happy stitching day!!

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Anni Rios said...

    holaaa, buen dia, siento no poner la traduccion esta vez pero entre de carrera pues estoy trabajando, solo paso a decirte que tus fotos estan bellas todas y que muchas gracias por tu visita a mi blog, besos desde Acapulco.

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Deanne J said...

    Great pictures, I love your hydrangeas

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    I like the red and white rose the best. Post a good pic of a Scrub Jay if you get one. I have been leaving peanuts but I never seem to get them.

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Your photos are stunning as always. Love that red and white rose. I've never seen anything like it.

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great pictures, Sue. I *love* the hydrangeas!

     
  • At June 21, 2008 at 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think I've told you before how much I enjoy your gardening pictures. I would love to garden, but have a pretty brown thumb, so it is fun to live vicariously. Plus, I don't think some of those things would grow properly here in Wisconsin! LOL

     
  • At June 26, 2008 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    I am so envious of your hydrangeas. And that Scentimental rose is spectacular. Reading your blog is like getting a lovely bouquet of my favorite flowers. Thanks!

     
  • At June 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Shalini said...

    I LOVE your hydrangea! So pretty and full of blooms. I also love the Geraniums. I always enjoy your gardening updates and you are an inspiration for a novice like me :) You have a beautiful garden.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home