A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Old Dresser Scarf -Stamped Embroidery

Thanks for your supportive comments regarding my dad and his health. I appreciate it a lot. It's been a very hard time, but it's great to have the love of family and friends during a time like this.

I decided to share a photo of a dresser scarf I crosstitched for my parents' upstairs antique room awhile ago. I used 'antique' colors, or at least I considered them to be old-fashioned. Here it is:
Dresser Scarf

I also wanted to show you the birds that have been enjoying the finch feeder we hung in May. It's amazing how many birds have come to our yard because of this feeder.

Lesser Goldfinches and Friend

I have stitched a bit this past week, and I'll share a progress photo soon. I finished the 8th house in my sampler, and have just two left to do. After that I'll add the garden elements and some sort of border.

Take care!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At July 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I’m glad that you’ve been able to get some stitching done. The runner you made for your parents is lovely. Great pictures of the birds! Boy, there’s a lot of them!

     
  • At July 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    The dresser scarf is lovely, and it does have that old time feel too it. The feeder picture was wonderful too, what a lot of birds you managed to capture. Glad that you've been able to get a bit of stitching in, hopefully it helped. Looking forward to seeing an update of your houses.
    Sue

     
  • At July 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    Thank you for sharing your dresser scarf. It really did turn out "old timey", didn't it. You remind me that I have some pillowcases around here (somewhere) that I want to embroider, then crochet along the bottom. Wonder where...?

    My family gave me a feeder similar to yours a couple of years ago and those finches are really a treat. I get such a kick out of the way they contentedly "talk" to each other when the feeder is full. Then, as they lower the level, they get grouchier and grouchier as they squish together in the smaller available space. Now that you remind me, the feeder seems to need refilling.

     
  • At July 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    I hope I get that sampla for my kitchen!

     
  • At July 30, 2008 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Hi Sue, I used to love to embroider, long before I discovered cross stitch. I still think it's beautiful. Love the birds.

    BTW, my blog isn't called Sampler Stitcher like you have on your links. It's Road trip with Ruby :)

     
  • At July 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Thanks for all your comments.

    I changed the blogrolling reference tonight, thanks for that "Road Trip with Ruby" update. It's funny because when I originally added your blog to my blogroll I remember thinking it was wrong, but somehow I couldn't figure it out then. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home