A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Everything Old is New Again

I always liked that song, and I know it's an oldie. It seems to me that it was perhaps sung in the original stage musical "A Chorus Line", but it was probably an oldie even then. I remember that musical well as it was the first Broadway show I ever saw, and I was just in high school. My mother and her friend drove my best friend and I up to Beverly Hills to see it at the Shubert Theatre. I can't believe it now, really, as my mother is terrified of driving on the freeway. Perhaps I drove, but she and her friend were with my friend Jenny and me. Yes, that was probably what actually happened! Jenny and I were both really into dance and ballet, and oh how we loved to drive to L.A. and see professional ballet companies, as well as Broadway performances.

If I had the energy to find out the origin of the song "Everything Old is New Again" I'd do my usual schtick and google it, but I am too tired to really care enough to research it at this moment.

Sorry to have bored you with all of that. It was very tedious, wasn't it?

What's old is the look of this blog, as when I started the blog two years ago it was just like this only in hot pink. It also lacked the photo at the top as I lacked the basic 'no how' to know how to do it. I really want a new template, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to do one.

I still haven't stitched in at least two weeks. I wish I had time to do some stitching, but things are just too busy and overwhelming right now. Soon, someday soon.

Thanks for your comments and emails regarding my father. It is actually his birthday today,and he turned seventy-nine years old. There were 9 of us there to visit him, but he isn't doing well at all and I am sure he was perhaps not aware it was his birthday. He is declining steadily and it's very hard to see him suffer. I thank God that I have a loving family and friends at this time so we can all be there for each other. It's hard to see someone get to the point where they can't even utter a word, but that's just how it goes. We don't sign up for these diseases, do we? My dad's mom also suffered from it, so he's been on the other side of it. It is what it is, as people say.

I will leave now with a photo to hopefully end this on an upbeat note. My children and I bought Mr. Stitcher S a new camera for his birthday, and he loves to tinker with it. He took this one of a hydrangea in our yard:
Hydrangea

I hope seeing the bright color lifts you in some way.

Take care, and thanks for your kind words.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At August 25, 2008 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Road Trip With Ruby said...

    Hi Sue, so sorry to hear the news about your Father. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. It seems that many of us have been dealing with sad issues this summer. My dear friend who has cancer that I've mentioned on my blog is not doing well. It breaks my heart to see her this way. We planned to be feisty old women together and it wasn't supposed to be like this.
    Take care, Tanya

     
  • At August 25, 2008 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Windy said...

    Dear Auntie,
    You are a great friend, Aunt, and Daughter. You are an example to all of those around you. P.S. It takes about five minutes to do a "blog lift" like I did. Cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com or click on the prompt on the top of my page. It's Free!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At August 25, 2008 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Debi said...

    Sue,
    I'm so sorry about your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family.

     
  • At August 28, 2008 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Joy said...

    Sue, I am so sorry to read about your dad. My children's father (to whom I have not been married for a long time)is in the last stage of early-onset Alzheimer's. He is 51. It is so difficult to see a parent decline in health. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home