A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Treasured Needlework and Hydrangeas

I haven't had the chance to stitch in quite awhile. Life is just too busy lately, but I know there will be more relaxing days coming soon.

I love hardanger needlework, but I've never tried it myself. Here's a photo of a gorgeous hardanger piece that I have in our living room. It's sitting on top of an antique armoire that happens to be filled with a lot of my needlework projects, thread, and patterns. My mother-in-law bought the hardanger piece for me back in the early nineties. A friend of a friend had stitched it, and sold it to her. I sure was lucky to receive it as a treasured gift! Once I nearly ruined it with a deep red candle wax stain, but a clever dry cleaner was able to get it perfect again.
Antique Armoire

I also want to share a photo of an antique embroidered doily that used to belong to my mother-in-law. I love how it looks with these old cups and saucers. I wonder who embroidered this piece? I have no idea, but I sure do appreciate her work.

Antique Cups and Saucers with Doily

Another view:

Antique Dishes and Doily

******************************************************************

I also want to share some fall photos of our backyard's hydrangea blooms.


Fall Hydrangea

I loved the gradation of color on this bloom:

Fall Hydrangea

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great day!









Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home