A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nearing the End of the Month

I can't believe it's almost Halloween. It was over 90 degrees for 17 of the last 29 days. Three of those days were well over 100 degrees! I really look forward to fall weather, and I sure hope it arrives soon.

Work has been very busy, but I did manage to stitch a bit a few days ago, and I started my final house on the sampler. I may actually add a gazebo later on, but I'm not sure yet on that one.

I found the final house in a lazy way. I had a few old stitching magazines in my stitching bag, so I just went through them and found a home to add to the sampler. Yes, yes, I should have gone through my list of possible homes that I made awhile back and then looked through all my stitching stash, but I was just excited to add that final house. I did not want to get up from where I was sitting, either!

The home I'm adding is a bit of a "French Quarter" sort of home, so I think I will modify it down a bit to make it a little less stylized. No pictures to share of my progress yet, but I will take some within the next week. Thanks for your suggestions on adding some birds to the sampler. I'm going to do that, indeed.

Today I'm just going to share a few recent photos that we've taken around here. My husband really loves to take pictures with his camera, so thought I should post a few here.

Here's a few sunset photos he took a few weeks ago. There was a small fire that evening about 15 miles west of here, and that's why the sunset was so unusual that evening:
Sunset
Sunset

Finally, here are some photos of our dog Eddie the Greyhound playing with my mom's lovable Rosie. Eddie looks rather fierce in the photo, but I promise you it was all play!
Eddie the Greyhound and Rosie the Rott Mix~ Playing!

A more tender moment:

Rott Kisses for Eddie the Greyhound

Eddie with our son-in-law:

Eddie and Kenny

Thanks for stopping by today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home