A Stitch in Time*

Monday, November 10, 2008

Stitching and Decoupage-"Not Mine"

Here's what our daughter stitched for my niece Windy and her husband in honor of their marriage:

Mirabilia's Titania

It was her first big project, and I think it turned out great. The design is Mirabilia's Titania.

While we were down at Windy's house that same day last spring, Windy pulled this out of the closet:
Lavender and Lace The Bride

I was stunned that she had this gorgeous piece all stitched up and ready for framing! It turns out that her husband's grandma stitched it and Windy inherited it after the stitcher passed away. Isn't it beautiful? It's by Lavender and Lace and it's called The Bride.

While I'm showing off other things that I didn't make, here's a photo of a great decoupage item that our daughter made for me. I love how it turned out, and the white dog with the pink wig looks a lot like our Eddie(The original photo was in a Juicy Couture ad, some sort of dog cologne...):
Decoupage by Laura

Another view:
Corner in Family Room

On the left is a picture of two greyhounds that my sister-in-law brought me after a trip they took. Isn't it lovely?

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a great day.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home