A Stitch in Time*

Monday, September 1, 2008

September...

My father passed away last Wednesday from Alzheimer's Disease. He turned 79 three days before he passed away, and on his birthday nine of us were with him and he looked at all of us intently that day. That was the last day I saw him where it appeared he was aware of things that were going on around him.

We deeply mourn him, but I know he's in a better place now and is at peace. He suffered so much in the past few months, and actually years.

There are a million things to say about him, but the best thing I can say is we loved each other lot, we understood each other very well, and he will always be with me. He taught me so much! I thank God for his life, and for the years we had with him.

Here's a photo of my dad and I dancing on my wedding day--almost 27 years ago. He was a fantastic dancer, and taught me how to do the swing dances from the 40's and
50's.

Posted by Picasa


Finally, a poem we had printed in his memorial folder:

The Next Place

The next place that I go
Will be as peaceful and familiar
As a sleepy summer Sunday
And a sweet, untroubled mind.


Once I read these words:
"Grief is the price we pay for love."
Such true words, indeed.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home