A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Queen WIP Beading

I finally had the chance to stitch yesterday! Hadn't picked up a needle since early April.

I finished the white at the bottom of Summer Queen. Here's my progress photo from April:
Summer Queen WIP

I worked on beading for several hours yesterday. I am so, so slow to bead. I haven't yet finished the piece, but here's the latest with the beading mainly showing:

Mirabilia Summer Queen WIP Beading


Mirabilia Summer Queen WIP Beading

I wish the beading looked more even, but it is what it is.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2010 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I think those beds look lovely !
    I know it is a pain to get them on, but the end result does really make up for all that !
    they do not seems so uneven to me, but the thing is, as we stitch, we tend to be with our nose right bove it, and we get a much closer look then anybody else.
    so we see everything that we think is not right, but that doesn´t mean that is is !
    that a look from a bit of a distance, and you will see that the beading looks much better.

    not to worry about being slow either, you´ll get it finishes , I´m sure of that !

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 2:18 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

    beautiful work,the bead look gorgeous.

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Deb said...

    You can really see the beading when you cllck on the picture. It looks wonderful!

     
  • At July 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM , Anonymous Heather said...

    I love your choice of colors. Don't worry about being slow as long as your enjoy beading and the peacefulness that comes with it. We are often too critical of our own work while others have nothing but praise. I like your work!

     
  • At July 4, 2010 at 6:26 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    I think the beading is looking wonderful, it accents the piece so beautifully. Hang in there, it may be slow but it is so pretty and adds so much, you'll get there and be so glad you did.
    Sue

     
  • At July 7, 2010 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    For a Mira the beading definitely makes the project! She's just lovely!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home