A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Stitching UFO Received, Blog Spam, & Orange Cookie Recipe

Blog Spam

Recently I was hit with over a dozen blog 'spam' comments. In the course of a few minutes, someone posted these comments to all these old posts I had here, and the comments consisted of links to adult sites. They have all been deleted, but because of that I have now started 'comment moderation' on this blog. I apologize if your comment doesn't show up right away, and know that it is due to my little clash with blog spam.

Has your blog been spammed in this way? If so, how did you handle it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stitching UFO Received

A friend of mine is in the process of downsizing. She has sold a lot of her craft supplies, and I recently purchased handfuls of fun rubber stamps from her. They're great for me to use on students' papers, and for crafts at school.

On a stitchy note, she gave me this project:

 
Posted by Picasa

She'd started it quite awhile ago, and she knew it would never get finished. In my book, it's become a UFO. (unfinished object) It's Candamar Designs' "Teacup Stack". I probably never would have bought the project myself, but I thought it might be fun to work on from time to time. My friend also said she didn't want it back, ever! On the downside, it's on an Aida fabric. I haven't worked on Aida in a long time, and I'm not too fond of it anymore. Even so, this poor project needs a bit of TLC and attention. It's also mounted on a sort of stretcher bar frame that rolls, so that will be something new for me if I decide to continue using that set-up. We'll just have to see.

Have you ever adopted a UFO? Did you have any success in finishing it?

I have been stitching some on Summer Queen, and last night I even added more beads. I decided that one shouldn't wait for years in between working with beads. The experience needs to be done more frequently, so that skills in adding beads don't get completely lost!

Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Stitching to you!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At March 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Ati said...

    Thanks for your comment on the crocuses in my lawn :) I also had those spam and I did what you did, turned on comment moderation. I also have finished some ufo's after my mom died 15 years ago. A cross stitch embroidery and a little quilt of triangles fold over cardboard papers.
    It became very precious to me, because we both worked on it :)

     
  • At March 29, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Glenna said...

    Well, if it was from my mom or sister (neither of whom stitch, actually), then maybe yes on adopting the ufo. From anyone else, nah. I have a stack of things that I absolutely totally adore, and I have enough trouble fitting time in for them, so I wouldn't want to devote time to something I didn't wholeheartedly love. And I'm super picky about fabric--how it looks, the color, the smoothness, the count, etc., so the aida would be a deal-killer even if I loved the design.

     
  • At March 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Thanks, Ati, and Glenna, for your comments. I think it's sweet, Ati, that you finished your mom's projects. Very precious, indeed.

    Glenna, I see what you mean about not wanting to work on Aida. I am not sure what I will do with this one, but for now it will sit in its little bag. :)

     
  • At April 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Connie said...

    I've adopted several UFO's - one of an elderly aunt who died and one of my mother-in-law's, after she suffered an illness that left her brain damaged. I enjoyed finishing them even though they weren't something I would have chosen myself. Now I have lots of my own projects, so don't know if I'd adopt anything else! I still do some stitching an aida, but am not crazy about it, so I know how you feel.

     
  • At April 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I have not had any trouble with blog spam yet ( knock on wood ), I hope it stays that way !

    and I have adopted someones elses UFO twice, but I always do tell people I want to see it first, and decide then if I will do it or not.
    if it's a project I really do not like, than chances are high that I will not get it finished.
    but for now I have, it does give a buzz to see someone else so happy with a finish !

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home