A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to my brother and sister-in-law's house and had a great time visiting, eating, and playing games.

This weekend also marked the start of Christmas shopping for me. I wouldn't dream of going out on "Black Friday". I can't stand crowds and too much madness! Instead we went out for a bit yesterday. I was able to purchase the gifts I buy for co-workers, and for my students. I also had to buy more costume pieces for our upcoming Christmas program. It's fun to be able to buy them instead of having to construct them.

Today will be spent wrapping the 39 gifts we bought yesterday, decorating for Christmas, and getting ready for the upcoming work week. It will be busy and my days will be very long.

I haven't shopped at all for any family members or friends, but I am thankful to be done with the work gifts. It always gets so busy this time of year that it's easy to feel overwhelmed with getting everything done!

I hope to get in some stitch time today, too. I think I'll have to do it soon or else the day will pass quickly without any sort of hobby time.

Here are some photos from Thanksgiving:

Luscious desserts:
Desserts!

Dishing up our meal:
Dishing Up on Thanksgiving

My niece and nephew:
Brother and Sister

Toasting the Season--My Brother:
Yeah!

My Husband and I with our Grandson:
Grandma and Grandpa

My Great Niece and my Son's Girl:
Julie and Hannah

My Nephew, Son, and His Girl:
After Dinner

Thanks for stopping by today!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At November 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    Glad you had such a lovely Thanksgiving, looks like quite a houseful. Robert is such a cutie, what perfect timing that you were able to have him there as well.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home