A Stitch in Time*

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stuff to Add to the Sampler

Christmas Eve
Christmas 2007- This slacker here sure doesn't have any lights up yet!


First of all, thanks for your kind comments regarding my niece and her baby. She is still on bedrest, and has been stitching away for many hours while in bed at the hospital.

It's December, and I haven't done a thing for the holidays. Wait, that's not quite right! I did actually buy some much needed items after much searching and driving around. Those reindeer antlers I found will be part of my students' costume for next week's program. Does that count? In the past I've made them out of construction paper, but this year I didn't want to devote hours of my day to that task. It seemed easier to drive around and buy them. Okay, I did find out today that my colleagues found them for 1/4 of the price I paid, but I know the ones I bought are of a higher quality, and will last for years. After all, they're made of genuine synthetic fur.

Last weekend I bought these leaflets for use on the sampler I'm throwing together***:

***Plan- Sort of
(my idea of 'throwing together' is actually a bit more like this plan..., and yes it's still kind of haphazard...)

Now for the leaflets I bought:

Posted by Picasa


I also bought these two leaflets:

Posted by Picasa


I am excited about using some of these elements in the sampler, and I already added the bunny to my work. I'll also be adding some pumpkins, a black cat, and other elements from these patterns to the sampler.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At December 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Kate+IceCream said...

    I love the Prairie Schooler! The alphabets are awesome. Some of my other favs are "All You Can Eat" and "Garden Birds". I've been holding off buying them though - I already have enough stitching to last me the rest of my life!

    Take care!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home