A Stitch in Time*

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Autumn Events


Autumn Colors
Originally uploaded by Elliotphotos
A beautiful fall photo from the photos of Elliotphotos, on Flickr (click on it to get a better view)
'

Before I get to the present time, I wanted to share a few more autumn photos. Above is a gorgeous photo taken by a fellow Flickr member. The colors are so gorgeous. Thanks, Elliotphotos, for allowing other Flickr members to share your photos and enjoy the beauty you've captured with your lens.

One other fall outing we went on was an evening trip to the local county fair. I encouraged my husband to take a photo of this fair stand in all its tacky glory and color. Just look at it:

Fair Stand

The nutty ice cream cone towards the top of the stand was about 12 feet tall! It's like a giant sugar nightmare.


Posted by Picasa


Later on in the fall we celebrated our grandson's first birthday. What a fun day that was, and it's amazing to think already a year has passed since he was born.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 
Posted by Picasa
Lizzie Kate Design- Sampling Thanksgiving

Finally we're getting a bit closer. Thanksgiving was wonderful! Here are a few photos of that day's meal:

Free Range Turkey--Brined, Baked..Awesome
Turkey- Brined and Baked


Coleslaw, Cranberries, and Cranberry Bread
Coleslaw, Mom's Cranberries, and my orange cranberry bread

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for coming by today! It's great to have you visiting here.

3 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    thanksgiving is a tradition I think we need to adopt over here.
    being a bit more thankfull and greatfull for what we have might be a good idea for a lot of people, I think.
    or might that just mean that I´ve gotten into the Christmas - spirit ?

    anyway, I´d like to wish you and your family happy holidays !

     
  • At December 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM , Blogger debijeanm said...

    Loved your catch up! What a fun idea. You know we share that whole Disneyland thing. Did you get there this winter? I was there for ChristmasTime three times in the rain. Can't get over how lovely all those lights are through a sparkle of raindrops. Happy New Year!

     
  • At December 30, 2010 at 12:30 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Wow, Debi--three times in the rain! How wonderful. I haven't been there since October, but I plan on going back sometime soon. I won't see the holiday stuff this year, but next year I will. :) I am so glad you got to enjoy it so many times this year.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home