A Stitch in Time*

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy News & Sampler Update

First of all, on a very happy note, my niece Windy's baby came home from the hospital last evening! He is just about 10 weeks old now, and he weighs over 8 pounds. He was born 10 weeks early, and only weighed barely 3 pounds when he was born. My niece was admitted to the hospital at the end of November with premature labor, so his homecoming has been a long time coming. Later on this week we'll go visit them and I'll share a photo here. Here's her blog for some photos of him taken a few weeks ago: Windy's Blog


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I finally have some stitching progress to share!

Here's the sampler last time I showed an update here:
House and Garden Sampler WIP

I finished the flower in the righthand corner, and have started adding a Berlinwork bird in the lower left corner.

Here it is now:
Sampler Progress February 2009
A few close-ups of the corners:
House and Garden Sampler
Berlinwork in Sampler

Berlinwork Bird Emerging in Sampler

I'm going to add a few more of these Berlinwork designs in other parts of the sampler. I'm still not sure what to add to the border, but I'm toying with a few ideas. We will have to wait and see.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Finally, here's some photos my husband took this morning of our dog Eddie and our polydactyl cat Bruce. I love Saturdays! Bruce and Eddie simply placed themselves in this way, so of course we had to grab the camera and capture it! I love how Bruce is resting on Eddie's large greyhound paws.

Eddie and Bruce~ Former Racer with Current Polydactyl Cat

Eddie and Bruce

Relaxing Together~ Eddie and Bruce

Thanks for stopping by today.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At February 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Carmen said...

    congratulations to the new born!.

    beautiful flowers in your sampler.
    the white dog and the black cat, they look so cute together.

     
  • At February 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM , Blogger stitcherw said...

    That's wonderful that he was able to come home. Hopefully his bit of a rocky start is well behind him now. Your WIP is looking so pretty, my favorite motive is still the peacock. Fun picture of the two also, they look quite content. Jaz and my black and white cat Bug also will lay together keeping company as well. However, I've yet to get a picture of them.
    Sue

     
  • At March 1, 2009 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    That is great news that the baby could come home!!

    I like your WIP, you did a great job already!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home