A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, January 25, 2009

This and That

The days have really flown by recently. The weather was crisp today, and we even got a bit of rain a few days ago. It was so refreshing to have our weather be more what one would like it to be in January.

I wish I had some stitching news but on that front I can only share a pattern I really would love to do someday. I first saw this one stitched up at my not-so-local needlework shop. It's called Common Ground by Just Nan.

 
Posted by Picasa


The colors all look so striking together!


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My great-nephew Ethan continues to grow each day. Here are some photos of him from when I saw him awhile ago:
Ethan James

Mommy and Ethan

I'm sure he'll be going home soon. For more photos and updates, visit Windy's Blog.

Here is a photo of his big sister Hannah(wearing the tiara I bought her) along with my daughter when they came by about a week ago:

Reflection

And another one with my niece Windy reading with her:

Reading with Mommy
*********************************************************************************
We had a great time yesterday at my brother's house in honor of his wife's birthday. I have a few photos from the festivities but none are truly 'blog material'.

Well, perhaps there are a few of them that might be suitable but that will have to wait.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About a year ago my husband, our son, and my brother spent a weekend painting our bathroom and bedroom. I hate to admit it, but the wallpaper in that room had hung since we moved into the house in 1990. I am a bit too laid back about getting things done, that's for sure.


I finally bought a few new things for the room. Here's a photo of a pillow I bought that coordinated with the quilt I'd already purchased. Yes, I know I could have stitched one up myself but I thought this was beautiful, and it was already done! The colors of the quilt and pillow make me happy.

Pillow

The weekend seemed to fly by so quickly, and tomorrow it's back to the grind.

Thanks for stopping by here today.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home