A Stitch in Time*

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update on Sampler

I had the chance to finally organize my embroidery floss in my sampler's thread box. Yippee! No, I didn't take a picture of it but all of you thread lovers will understand my passion for seeing an organized array of threads! I also worked on my 'blueprint' for my sampler for several hours, and I taped it together so now it looks much nicer.

Here's what I've done to the sampler in the last several weeks.


I added a peacock:
House and Garden Sampler Peacock

I'd found an antique freebie pattern online, but it was too large. I shrunk it down and the peacock above is what I came up with in the end. I used DMC variations for much of the feathers.

I also added a cat and some pumpkins:

Cat and Pumpkins Added

I added an apple tree to the chart. I'm using blended threads for the leaves, and DMC color variations for the apples:

House with Apple Tree Emerging

Tree Emerging

I also started working on the border!

Here's the final photo of the entire sampler so far:


House and Garden Sampler WIP

Thanks for stopping by today.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home