A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day Gift of Stash

Posted by Picasa


I am so happy that I received this pattern as a Mother's Day gift from our son. I've had my eye on it for quite sometime now! I doubt I'll get to it for a long while, but it's nice to know it's waiting there when I'm ready to tackle it.  Maybe I'll get to it sometime this year? I will probably use DMC and not the silk threads that so many use. Just call me practical! Do you think I'll like it with DMC?

Life has been full of activities in our yard. We've been working on our backyard corner for quite some time now, and it's looking so much better. It's wonderful to have a husband, brother, son, and son-in-law who all pitch in helping us with these projects. If you want to take a peek at it, here's a link for some photos: Backyard Corner Redo

This spring has also brought a completed project that's been waiting in the wings for at least ten years. We've had our backyard deck redone, and it sure looks better.  This time we've used composite materials, so it shouldn't have to be done again for a long time.  We also had contractors do the work, so that made the whole thing much easier.
The link if you wish to take a peek: Deck Before and After

Summer vacation is right ahead now, and that's foremost on my mind!
Thanks for stopping by today.
 



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home